Today I've finished this project! A classic-looking game cabinet. The project included the design, construction, installation and configuration of all the components. Modesty aside, it's looking awesome! :)
- SketchUp work
- Got a nice MDF piece (2500x1800) to start wood working.
Sketchup work: Decided to use an existent cabinet model and modify it.
- Further adjustments to the plan to have a little more room for monitor and electronics inside. Side board printed in 1:1 scale and drawn to the MDF.
- Wood work. All cabinet parts cut and outer box assembled. Starting to look nice. I'm happy with the results until now.
- Side artwork printed in vinyl.
- Vinyl applied to all MDF boards. Buttons and USB controller installed.
- Built monitor bezzel.
- Two new buttons (with LEDs) added to bottom panel (bound to enter / exit emulator)
- Marquee plexiglass & vinyl artwork installed
- Installed power circuit with interrupt and DC transformers (powering all LEDs and a Raspberry in future).
- Using a Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPie featuring libretro's awesomeness. The cabinet is fully standalone now. Just plug and play :)